Click On The Amazon Banner Below Before You Order Anything From Amazon.
Doing this helps to cover our forum server expenses. This does not effect what you order from Amazon at all. To sum things up, Amazon gives us up to 6% in commission. If you have and ad blocker, click this message to be linked to Amazon. It works the same way. ~Thank you for your support of Upstate4x4.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi Everyone (new member)
09-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Hi Everyone (new member)
Hi all my name is Bill and I am from the Chittenango/Cazenovia area.
I have been working in the automotive industry for many years now and I have always had a passion for all things 4X4. Jeeps, Trucks, SUVs, ATVs, UTVs, Etc...
For the most part my wheeling experience has been on my own land and by myself. Last winter I met some great people from Twisted Axles Club at the Syracuse Motorama car show and they opened my eyes to the off-roading community here in CNY. I am planning to attend a few of their events this fall as well as others. When following the Twisted Axles FB page, Upstate4X4 was suggested. After doing some reading on your FB page and this forum it is clear that you all have a passion for wheeling and that is what has convinced me to join.
I am not much of a forum user, so please bare with me as I navigate this new territory.
Right now I have two 4x4 vehicles. One is currently in a state of flux and the other is my dally driver/wheeler.
The first vehicle (the one I am working on) is my 1951 Dodge PowerWagon. This truck has been in my family for years, as far back as I can remember, this truck sat in the hedge row next to my grandparents garage. The last time it had been driven was before I was born and it was parked because it had a glass fuel bole that broke and caught the under hood area on fire.
After my grandfather passed, I ended up with the truck. My goal was to get it derivable. After sitting for 20years+ the engine, trans, brakes, were shot and someone in the past had put a different engine in it and shortened the frame. I bought a running an driving 1985 Chevy (square body) pick up and srtipped it down to the chassis. I then put he PowerWagon body on that running gear with a stake rake flat bed. With big tires and loud exhaust, it was a ton of fun. A few years has now passed and I am taking this truck to the next level. I now have a 1992 Dodge one-ton southern frame, a 5.9lt 12v Cummins and cast iron divorced transfer case for this truck. If over the winter I can collect up the rest of the parts I need, by spring it may be ready to roll.
My other vehicle is my 1995 Suzuki Sidekick. I would say of all of the vehicles I have owned, this one has been the most fun for the least $$$. It is a ton of fun in the woods and on trails. Last winter (when it was off the road) I put a LockRight Locker in the rear diff and fix some rust... I am excited to see what it will do at some off-road events this fall.
Hope to see you all out on the trail some time.
Bill

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2018, 07:59 AM
RE: Hi Everyone (new member)
Nice rigs and welcome to the forum!

I'm from the same area, near Chittenango falls. Hope to see you around.

Too Many Projects . . .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply